December always brings lots of Holiday treats, lights and fun festivities. Usually, I’m a bit more crafty this time of year completing decorations for the house and finishing up homemade gifts. However, here in the Harris household, things have just been to busy to allow time for my usual shenanigans. So for fun here are some things I’m loving right now that are slightly unrelated to the usual Holiday buzz!!
1) The weather!! All last week I wore a light jacket to work and walked out of work with short sleeves on. It felt more like October than December. Since I do not welcome ice or snow anytime soon I’m soaking up these easy breezy sunshiney days.
2) My team of all teams…..my Broncos!! After many years of dissapointing seasons and losing games it has been so nice to finally have a great season that has provided exciting games, amazing comebacks and let’s be honest the usual eye candy! 🙂 Every week there are lots of blue and orange shirts on in this house and no scream and cheer is too loud or high five to hard. Fingers crossed we go all the way this year but even if we don’t it’s been an awesome year and well worth the years of waiting!
3) Wedding planning! My sister is finally engaged and although planning a wedding can be stressful and sometimes difficult it’s been fun tossing around ideas, trying on dresses, making decisions and getting to be involved in a once in a lifetime moment for my sister. Still have lots left to do but for now it’s been a blast!
4) First taste of success. The hubs has been working hard to start his own online business this year so that he can finally pursue his dream of being his own boss. He has been working 24/7 trying to build, perfect and launch his website. He is a perfectionist by heart so let me tell you it has been a long process that still isn’t over. However, as of last week he made his first official paycheck and I couldn’t be prouder. Sometimes that hard work, dedication and persistance does pay off!
5) New experiences! As I mentioned in my previous post me and the hubs got to go to the Broncos game in KC 2 weeks ago. It was an awesome experience and I’m so glad we got to do it together. Made waiting so long completely worth it!
6) Currently, my oldest (who is turning 6 on Saturday….EEK) is learning how to read in school. Being able to watch him sound out words, pour over books, and read short stories has been a fun and exciting experience. There is nothing more fascinating than being able to see a child discover the wonders of the world. As a medical geek there is nothing cooler than seeing the human brain develop so rapidly and pick up on complex ideas so quickly. I have always been an avid reader my whole life so I’m hoping to rub that love onto my boys so they can discover the amazing adventures and worlds that can only be found in the pages of a good book.
7) A new show! I rarely have time to watch TV let alone dedicate one night a week to keeping up with it. Greys Anatomy has always been the one show I’ll plan everything else around until now. Thanks to Netflix I can discover shows that I have been wanting to see but never had the time to watch. I started watching last seasons Revenge on ABC and finished the whole first season within 3 days. (yes, I got nothing accomplished on that weekend off) It was addicting and flat out awesome. Now I’m caught up with this season so far and if there is no good football game on I think I can dedicate an hour on Sunday nights for this show. If not….thank goodness for Hulu!!! 🙂
Speaking of football….I’m missing a pretty good game between the Saints and the Giants so I’m gonna sign off.
Until next time….