So I’m sure every mom can relate to that feeling of sounding like a broken record. If you haven’t had this feeling then you are Super Mom and I worship you! However, for those of us are of the non-superwoman variety this post is for you. Here are the 33 things I say to my boys on a DAILY basis. What would you add to the list??
1) Stop screaming, talking loudly, shouting, and making sound effects…..the baby is asleep.
2) Stop fighting, tugging, hitting, pinching and pushing….you’re not Monkeys.
3) We DO NOT live in a zoo so please pick up your room.
4)Boys, there is no need to pull hair….only Monkeys do that.
5) You’re bathroom smells like monkey pit….Really boys? Really?
(Apparently I have this obsession with monkey comparisons)
6) Sit down…on your bottom….feet in front of you and eat your dinner/lunch/breakfast.
7) We don’t eat hanging off the chair, please sit up.
8) Children….forks….use a fork….mashed potatoes are not considered a “finger food”
9) GRAB THE BABY….GRAB THE BABY (as he heads for the stars with the gate wide open)
10) Boys! Please pick up your backpack and jackets off the floor. How many times do I have to tell you to put them away when you get home?? (5 minutes later) BOYS!! Shoes….come pick up your shoes before I trip and kill myself!! (5 minutes later) Am I talking to myself? Have my children gone deaf?? Please, pick up your backpack, shoes and jackets!!
11) Hungry? You just ate? How can you possibly be hungry?
12) Yes, beans again for dinner. Beans are good, nutritious and inexpensive.
13) This is not a buffet and I am not your maid….you’ll eat what I give you or not eat at all.
14) Dessert? You just had dessert? Oh you thought that cookie was a pre-dessert!! Oh how you crack me up!
15) You need what for school? Schools sure are needy these days!
16) No you can’t have any more money for Pokemon cards, Ninjago men or Ben 10…..wait who is Ben 10? What are these kids watching these days?
17) Okay, okay! Yes, Everything Is Awesome but can we please stop singing the song about it!! (Referring to the Lego Movie soundtrack)
18) How many outfits do you children wear a day because I have clothes mass producing in the laundry room?
19) Where do babies come from?? Well when two people love each other……oh look there’s Captain America…..oh you missed him. Darn!
20) Mason stop tooting!!! (In which he breaks down into hysterical giggles)
21) Gavin don’t put that in your mouth, Gavin get away from there, Gavin stop, stop stop!!!
22) Yes, Logan I would love to watch another magic trick…(After watching 25 already)
23) Yes, Mason lets watch Frozen AGAIN!
24) Boys, stop fighting!
25) Boys, you tracked mud in the house again.
26) Boys, how many times do I have to tell you toys do not belong in the toilet??
27) Go run up and down the hill ten times and don’t come back until your passed out from exhaustion.
28) You use toilet paper in the potty not paper towels!!
29) I love you, I love you, I love you!!!
30) You are my favorite boys in the whole wide world.
31) No matter where life takes you we will always be here……and if you’re a magician you can make us appear anywhere! 😉
32) I love you, I love you, I love you…..Oh I already said that!!
33) Goodnight, sleep tight, don’t let any bugs bite!