Today I was in decluttering mode and finally had some time to do some projects I’ve been needing to get done. I have this plastic drawer storage thing that I want to use to store some craft stuff in but I have no room in my closet to put it. Therefore, it has to be out in the open where people can see it. Well, I prefer pretty things be out where people can see them so I went on a hunt to find way to beautify the drawers. Here is what I came up with!
Scrapbook paper of your choice
1) Measure the size of the drawers and cut paper accordingly. Mine were 7″ x 12″ so it was a pretty easy cut.
2) Lay paper in drawer exactly where you want it and cut a slit for the paper to slide over the handle.
3) Take out the paper and put a layer of mod podge on the drawer.
4) Lay paper inside and press down to get out the air bubbles and creases. Do this for all three drawers.
5) Once all the paper is on do 2-3 layers of mod podge on the back. Make sure mod podge is dry between each coat before adding a new one.
6) Voila! You are done and you have something that looks a little better than a plain ole plastic drawer. Now I’m not nearly as skeptical about having this out in public view!! 🙂
More projects coming soon…..as I complete them!