At the end of every school year me and the boys compile a list of things we hope to do this summer. Not going to lie…most summers we don’t get to everything but we usually always make a big effort and at least get some things crossed off. Sometimes just playing in the pool or throwing water balloons at each other is preferred over anything to complicated or big. We also keep in mind that we do have a new baby so doing anything overly adventurous will probably just end in disaster. Thankfully, the older two are pretty understanding of that fact and say, “Yea we don’t need those headaches.” Wise babes I have.
So without further ado here is what we have come up with for this summer.
- Lots of water balloon, pool playing and running around in wet joy!
- Go to our local theme park one day. We didn’t get passes this year due to the new baby but one day seems feasible.
- Have several BBQ, ice cream sundae and game nights on the back deck.
- Catch fireflies.
- Schedule play dates with friends.
- Pudding paint day. Yes, sounds gross but the kids love it.
- Logan wants to write and publish his first book and by publish we mean self-publish – no fancy dancy stuff here.
- Have a ping pong tournament in the basement.
- Attend the farmers market as often as we can.
- Hit up the food truck park.
- Lots of park days and picnics.
I always enjoy seeing what the kids come up with as they get older. It’s always changing. Thankfully there didn’t seem to be anything terribly complicated on this list so hopefully we will get it all accomplished.
Last day of school is tomorrow so I’ll officially have a 2nd and 4th grader on my hands. I literally don’t feel old enough to even be able to say that. Oh the joys of having kids young. Gavin will be two in 1.5 weeks so party planning is in full force and I’m really just trying to survive on 6.5 weeks of no sleep. Dude, I’m exhausted!!!
I’m excited for the summer – even if it does sound a bit daunting with all 4 boys home. My nanny will be around to help out and so I am SUPER DUPER EXCITED about that. She is amazing and such a HUGE help so that is going to ease my stress ten fold.
Hope you all easily transition in to summer and build great memories you’ll cherish forever with your little people. Too bad they don’t stay little forever!