Wow! I can’t believe it is already september first! This year is going by so incredibly fast I can hardly keep up. I love september because it marks the beginning of my favorite time of year….fall. Today was a wet and rainy day and I must say those are my absolute favorite. So far, September, so good!! 🙂
Here are the things I’m most excited about this month….
1) The most important thing that will be happening this month is my sister’s 21st birthday! Celebration anyone? I’m really looking forward to this and hopefully everything will pan out exactly as we want it to. Happy 12 days early birthday Lyd!! 🙂
2) I like summer but I love fall weather. I call it ‘jacket weather.’ This is probably more of the fashion girl in me since you can never go wrong with layering, but I like to throw on a shirt and a jacket and head out the door. Nothing feels more chic than that!
3) In our house Halloween is the most epic day on earth. The countdown begins every year the day after Halloween but it really starts to pick up in September. The stores release halloween novelties, costume catalogs start coming in the mail, and the boys are in full fledged planning mode. Halloween is truly a HUGE ordeal in this house every year. Thankfully, it’s a lot of fun planning, and re-planning and re-planning some more. 🙂
4) What better excuse to go shopping than with the weather change. Once it gets cool outside I usually manage to not be able to find a thing in my closet to wear. I have no idea what happens to my clothes inbetween seasons but they simplly dissappear. So every year I usually have an excuse to go hit up the sales and stock up on sweaters, long sleeved shirts and a nice pair of shoes (if I can sneak it out without Jared seeing) haha
5) Starbucks usually brings back their pumpkin spice latte at the end of this month. Oh man, if you have never had one of these you really haven’t truly lived. They’re amazing!! I love starbucks but they truly suck me in with the pumpkin yumminess. To be fair I have given lots of other chains a chance to impress me with their pumpkin concoctions and nothing has even come close to pleasing my taste as much as Starbucks! Can’t wait for my first one this year……Yummo
6) Today was the perfect day because it resembles my favorite type of days. Lots of rain and being inside with a book. Nothing better than that I say. Now once I have a rainy day, a good book and my pumpkin spice latte….I’ll be in heaven for sure!
7) One of my favorite fall foods is chili. I love to add me some green onions and a little bit of cheese and my belly is a happy camper. This time of year gives me a perfect excuse to cook me up a hot pot of yummy in my tummy chili.
8) Football starts this month….tomorrow to be exact!!! WOOT WOOT! I love to spend my Sunday afternoon and evenings camped on the couch watching me some good ole fashioned contact sport. This year is destined to be awesome and the fun part is, we get to open up the season tomorrow night against the Steelers!! Finally, a Sunday night game! Go BRONCOS…
Wishing you all happy and exciting Septembers……