On the eve of my sister’s 21st birthday I wanted to dedicate a whole entire post just to her. We only get to turn 21 once and it’s really the last of the milestone birthdays so I hope this one is pretty special and one she will always remember.
I have been blessed with the most amazing sister anyone could ask for. We are polar opposites in many ways but somehow it just all works. On a Saturday morning you can find me drinking starbucks, in my silk pajamas, and reading the latest edition of Cosmo while waiting for my nails to dry. You’ll find her with a 3 day old ponytail, yesterdays eye liner, rolling in the dirt with her dogs or running to petsmart to purchase the latest gizmo for her cats. While this may sound like an impossible match, it actually really works for us. She helps me from becoming too high maintenance and I help her keep her eyebrows trimmed and her roots from showing for too long. 🙂 I mean what’s a sister for anyways? 🙂
All joking aside….I have never met anyone with a bigger heart and a bigger capacity for love then Lyd. She has a gift with people and an ability to love and care for people and animals like no one else I have ever met (besides my dad). She leaves an impression and touches people’s lives without really even trying. I am often times envious of this gift and her ability to always make people smile. Besides being the best sister in the world she has proven to be the most amazing aunt as well. My boys are so blessed to have an equally goofy, child like, crazy aunt that wrestles with them, screams with them, and talks their very own language. It’s been so rewarding seeing the relationship between my sister and my boys evolve. There is no greater privelage than that of an aunt and nephew and I’m so thankful my sister doesn’t take that role lightly and that she fills their worlds with happiness and lots of love.
So, Lydia, in honor of your 21st birthday I wanted to write 21 things that I love about you and hope you never forget!
1) I love how you always speak your mind not because you want to hurt others but because you live life with passion and deeply care about things that are close to your heart.
2) You love without abandon and you put everything you have on the line…even if you know you’ll end up hurt.
3) I love how you never fail to make others laugh and smile.
4) You are beautiful on the inside and out.
5) No matter what you do or where you are you always leave a lasting imprint on people’s lives.
6) I love you because your heart is too big and too good for the cruel world in which we often live.
7) I love you because you’re never too old or mature to be goofy.
8) You remind others what it means to serve on a daily basis.
9) Whether you are rich or poor you are wise and frugal with your money.
10) I’m glad you’re my sister because you are a driver (with equal amounts of road rage) after my own heart.
11) As I have seen lately….you are strong even when facing the deepest of sorrows.
12) You forgive in your time and when it is genuine and not fake.
13) Even if it drives me crazy, I’m glad you are low maintenance and the balance to my diva tendencies.
14) I appreciate you because of the hard work that you do and the dedication you have to your job and responsibilities.
15) I love you for brightening the day of my 2 sons whom love you so much.
16) No matter what the time of day you have always been there for me.
17) I love you because you love people even when they are unloveable.
18) You care even when it breaks your heart.
19) I love you for recognizing your own faults and working on them without shame. That is a lesson many 50 year olds haven’t learned.
20) You remind me every day what it means to be a good sister.
21) You are the best sister in the whole entire world.
HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYDIA!
WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH AND HOPE YOU HAVE THE MOST AMAZING BIRTHDAY EVER!!!