It’s that time again for a good product overhaul review. This is where I share some of my favorite products that I’m lovin’ right now. (FYI: these will range anwhere from beauty products to food)
1) Ever since I was the ripe old age of 13 I have been loving Maybellines great lash mascara. I’ve used it forever and have never been dissapointed. It has always made my lashes looked good and had little residue under the eyes at the end of the day. However, seems like the last two tubes I bought were rather lackluster. I don’t know if Maybelline has changed their formula or if at the old age of 24 (almost 25) my lashes are just looking bla. Who knows!! So the other day I decided to try a new tactic and have been quite pleased with the results. As I was searching the Maybelline section of the drugstore trying to decide if I should give my “great lash” friend one more chance……an epiphany came upon me. There were so many choices for mascara that it would be impossible to try them all. So I picked up two new ones and headed home to try out my new trick. I first applied Volum Express Falsies mascara, that has a curved shape wand, to both upper and lower lashes. Without waiting for it to dry I instantly applied another coat, on the upper lashes only, of The Colossal Volum Express (which has a straight brush). Once dry my eyelahses looked mega huge and had hardly any clumping. It lasts all day and has zero residue after a hard day at work. These are not waterproof formulas (waterproof mascara damages eyelashes if worn every day) but they last the same amount of time and don’t run with watery eyes. Needless, to say I think I have found my new best friend and I’m loving the cheap price. For anyone looking to up their eye glam…..try it out and see what you think. (Note: If you have a different brand of mascara that you like, I’m sure the same effect would work trying two of their mascara products)
2) I have tried several different shampoo products over the years. I have to change my shampoo and conditioner regimen every 4-6 months otherwise my hair gets dry and starts to accumulate build up. Needless to say I have sampled many different options. I have been wanting to try loreal’s Evercreme Sulfate Free shampoo/conditioner. So about a month ago my hair was gross and in a bad need of a new hair regimen when I decided to give this stuff a try. I must say I am not dissapointed. My hair felt smooth and silky after the first wash and I have no buildup or dry spots. It’s very nourishing and smells yummy too. There are several different kinds but I use the Intense Nourishing bottle. A whole bottle lasted me a month and I am now just starting my second round. I get at least 2-3 days out of one wash and my hair is super oily. I have been using my coconut oil as a mask at least once a week….but the three combined have left my hair in great shape. Even my long time hair stylist commented how beautiful my hair looked. Score for me!!!
3) So the other night, after a long day at work, I went to take a long relaxing shower. It’s the winter time and …let’s be honest ladies….most of us don’t shave as regularly as we do in the summer months. I was hoping to spend some extra special time with the hubs (wink! wink!) and figured shaving my prickly legs would be a good thing. So I head into the shower all prepared and ready to tackle the prickly porcupine when much to my dissapointment my shaving cream won’t work. This is a brand new bottle and when I press down the button to squirt out the shaving cream…nothing happens. If I hold it long enough a small pin size amount trickles out. If I talk really sweet to it while holding it down a pea size amount comes out. I stood for 5 minutes trying to get the stupid thing to work and it just didn’t happen. This has happened several times before and it always ends in the same frustrations. Buying brand new shaving cream, only to be clogged is super annoying and there is nothing that can be done about it. So I decided to venture back to my old ways of shaving. Dripping wet and cold I stepped out of the shower and grabbed some of my baby oil. In high school I shaved with baby oil ALL the time. I loved how moisutrizing it was, how long it lasted and it gave me a really close shave. When I became pregnant with my first son I switched to shaving cream because the oil can make the bottom of the shower slippery. Come to find out being pregnant in a slippery shower is not reccomended. Anyways, I love this stuff and it’s a fraction of the cost of shaving cream and a whole lot less frustration. Another good trick is to do a light rinse after shaving…..just enough to get the hair off. After stepping out of the shower, don’t dry the areas you shaved but rather rub in circles to allow the rest of the oil to soak in. It’s a fantastic moisturizer and leaves your legs looking shiney, smooth, sexy and silky! Here comes the Hott Mama!!
4) Let’s make the switch to the kitchen. I have sworn off coffee at home because I was consuming more creamer than coffee. Talk about a spike in blood sugar….yikes! However, going to starbucks for their Skinny Vanilla Latte every night is not feasible or budget friendly. So I tried a new option. First I’m not a fan of strong coffee (reason for my creamer addiction) and was excited to try out Starbucks new blonde roast. So I picked up some K-cups for our Keurig and went to work. I loved the coffee because it was a more mild flavor and less burnt tasting. Part one was successful. Part two was trying to find a good replacement for my liquid creamer addiction. I had some almond milk in the fridge and decided to add some of that. Almond milk is low in calories and has a sweet flavor to it for half the sugar. So I put some almond milk, about 2 tablespoons of sugar free liquid creamer (to add a touch of flavor) and then added my coffee. It was delicious. I was so happy to finally have found a good alternative that didn’t raise my blood sugar to dangerously high levels! 🙂
5) So I happen to be a chocolate fanatic….I mean what girl isn’t! However, my chocolate addiction is not helping in widdling my hips down. This is not a new product by any means but I’m really loving the miniature chocolate chips. Most of the time when baking it’s a habit to reach for the regular sized pebbles of delight. However, with the miniature chips you can pack a good amount of chocolate flavor with less calories and sugar. I have been adding them to muffins, pancakes and even got crazy and added a few to some popcorn. One tbsp is 70 calories and surprisingly it goes a long way. For those of us trying to be a little healthier in the new year….it’s a life saver. Now if only I could find a dark chocolate variety, I’d be in heaven!
Well that’s all I have time for right now. When I come across good stuff I’ll be sure to share for anyone who is interested. If you have any good products that you’re loving leave me a comment. I always like people’s input!! See ya next time….