In honor of my littlest sister’s 13th bday….I wanted to dedicate a blog post to her.
I can hardly believe Savannah is 13 already. I can remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. After she was born she spent a few days in the NICU and I remember us all taking turns holding her, singing to her, cuddling and looking down on her sweet little face. She had the most beautiful skin color and even with tubes down her nose she was still the cutest little girl we had ever seen. Now, instead of a little baby we have an equally sweet and equally beautiful young lady who has touched us all with her compassion, big heart, and young spirit.
I am very thankful every day that even though we are years apart in age there is still that sisterly bond that no amount of years can take away.
Savannah…..here are 13 reasons why I am glad you are my sister.
1) You provided endless years of babysitting and parenting practice for me at a very young age. It’s become very useful now as a parent!! 🙂
2) No matter what you’re always available for hugs or a listening ear.
3) You have the ability to be hilarious without even trying or knowing. Sometimes cluelessness really is a good thing.
4) Since the day my kids were born you have blossomed into the most wonderful aunt. You’re very patient, very creative, and always willing to roll around in the dirt, swing on the swings or play masked superheroes when asked.
5) You remain positive no matter what happens in your life. You keep your head up when many would give up and feel defeated. I hope you never lose that ability.
6) You excell at the things you set your mind too. If you want to do something you try hard to do it and don’t give up easily.
7) You are a lady….in every form of the word.
8) You inherited all the dancing skills our family ever had. No one can bust a move quite like you! 🙂
9) You are the model daughter and I can honestly say I have never heard a bad word said about you from anyone.
10) When Mom has been sick, you have stepped up to take care of her and be there for her when us other kids couldn’t.
11) You’re a spoiled brat but we love ya anyways!!! 😉 😉 😉
12) No matter what you bring a smile to my face.
13) You are the bestest littlest sister I could ever have!
Love ya Nan and hope you have an amazing birthday. I hope you’re first official year as a teenager brings lots of fun, lots of laughs and a boat load of memories.
You’re equally awesome oldest sister,