Well it’s June 1st and I haven’t done a “What I’m looking forward too” segment in a while. So here it is folks…..all the things I’m excited about this month.
1) Nice Weather!! Yes, we have massive flooding and have had a lot of severe storms in the past week but usually June brings a good amount of sunshine, some heat and a whole lot of pretty landscaping. Ready to have outdoor weekends and picnics in the park!
2) With the warmer weather comes more chances to use our White Water and Silver Dollar City season passes. Now that school is out of session we are looking forward to spending a good portion of our summer at our two favorite places around here. The boys have never been to White Water and are now old enough to enjoy it so I’m excited to take them down for some water splashing fun…..let’s just hope our pale skins don’t get too baked. Eeek!
3) There are two movies coming out later this month that both me and the men of my life are anxious to see. First, is the much anticipated Superman movie “Man of Steel.” I’m really hoping this movie is good since the last Superman movie left me unexcited and kind of bored. With the enormous success of Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Batman etc this movie has a lot to live up to. Hoping it doesn’t disappoint. The other movie is “Monsters University.” This isn’t one of my favorite animated movies but my boys have just started getting into the first one so will be excited for this one, I’m sure. Plus, it’s always good to have an animated movie to go to in the middle of the summer on those days when it’s just too hot to do anything outside.
4) Buying a new house!! We are hoping to find our new house and purchase it before the end of the month plus put our current house on the market and hope someone falls in love with it like we did when we first saw it. The whole process is long and exhausting but we are hoping to finally get the process nearly finished within the next 30 days. After a difficult year, we are more than ready for a change.
5) A BIG CHANGE!!! While I can’t get into specifics we are hoping for a big change either this month or next. We are ready to start a new chapter in our lives and that means really figuring out our future and making decisions that will better our family now and for the rest of our lives. However, we are gonna need a whole lotta luck and lucky stars so here’s to hoping it all works out….. 🙂
6) A month for losing…..weight that is! I think I have finally found some motivation that I need with some of my favorite people in all the world. Me, my sister and my “pretty much” sister (my brother’s girlfriend) are going to try to set some time aside each week to exercise and get into shape. It’s so much more motivating when I have others to be healthy with. Hoping it all works out and the three of us will be sporting our polka dot bikinis somewhere on a beach next year!!! Woot woot!
Hoping you all have joyous Junes full of laughter, memories and relaxing time with your families.