So it’s officially February!!! Where on earth did January go??? Geez time is just flying by these days and I’m pretty sure I’m aging at a very rapid pace. While I embrace getting older and wiser and all that stuff…..please slow down a bit and let a girl live a little!! 🙂
So this is a big month for us. It’s always a short month but it seems like lots of exciting things happen. So here are all the wonderful things I’m looking forward to in the next 28 days (technically 27 now).
1) First and foremost it’s SUPER BOWL TIME!!!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!! Although I have a very heavy heart about the fall of my Broncos……. (let’s have a quick moment of silence)…….. I still LOVE football and enjoy the biggest game of the year no matter who is involved. Since my loyalty is and always will be to the blue and orange there is NO WAY I’m cheering for the Ravens tomorrow. So 49’ers please demolish and destroy! Thanks muchly. All joking aside I am looking forward to seeing two brothers competing and a rookie quarterback getting his chance to play and win the biggest game of his career. It’s definitely one for the storybooks and I’m sure it is going to be a fantastic game. Hope you’ll all be watching!!
2) Along with the BIG GAME I happen to be one of those people who looks forward to the commercials and half time. The past couple of years I have been less than impressed with the commercials and have felt a little let down. It’s the only 4 hours of my life that I actually sit down and watch advertisements and when they suck, it leaves me highly dissapointed. Last year there were very few memorable ads, which is sad considering the amount of money that is spent. So here’s to hoping the only commercials I’ll be watching this year are actually good. Secondly, I do enjoy the halftime shows. Again, I have been less than impressed the past few years and am hoping for a good performance tomorrow night. If there is any lady who can do it…it is Beyonce!! Here’s to hoping she knocks it out of the park.
3) After the Super Bowl calms down along will come Valentines Day. I’m not really into the materialistic holiday. I mean I don’t like that men feel obligated to show their affection because I feel like it takes all the romanticism and true feelings out of it…..but that’s just me. I like V-Day a lot more now that I have kids. They enjoy taking their valentines cards to school and having their class party and so it’s neat to see the excitement in their eyes. It also gives me chance to have pink around a house full of boys. For one day I get to have heart shaped plates, pink pancakes, pink drinks and actually feel like a girly girl for once. (A mom of 2 boys must take what she can get) 😉
4) Day after V-Day is a very special person’s bday. My big brother turns 28!!! Jeesh when did we all get to be so old. haha. Not sure what or how we will be celebrating his big day but hopefully something will take place…….of course I’m pretty sure I’ll be planning it so I better get on the ball! It’s always been fun sharing a bday month with my all time favorite brother and this year will be no different! Speaking of birthdays, my soon to be brother n law will also have a birthday at the end of this month and will be turning the ripe old age of 22. So Happy Birthday to these very special guys in my life and I love ya both lots!
5) On the 22nd of this month I will be turning 25!! I love birthdays and this year will be no exception. Twenty-five has always been a big milestone for me and I have accomplished everything I have wanted to before the big milestone. For that I am very proud of myself and my little family and thankful that through our hard work all of our goals have worked out. There is only one thing left that I wanted to get done before turning 26 so if it’s in the cards for us it will happen. If not, I will be okay….I will accept it as such and I’ll be content. I have absolutely nothing planned for my birthday but I will have a 3 day weekend from work and often times that is definitely present enough! 😉
6) Lastly, I’m looking forward to just another month of living. Four more weeks I get to watch my kids grow, love my husband and get to live life. So many people won’t get that opportunity this month and I’m glad that (fingers crossed…of course) I will. So February…..Cheers to you and hope we can make it one to remember!!