So I’m 28!!! I know, with these dashing good looks you’d never know I was a day over 25, right? 😉 Hahaha just kidding – although I will say I’ve had a lot of people tell me I look WAY too young to have almost 4 kids and have been married for 10 years. I’ll take that compliment ANY day of the week. Such sweet people in the world.
I love birthdays and feel like I might be a part of a very small club of adults who love birthdays. Most adult birthdays are met with groans, shrugs and an otherwise sad disposition. I think they’re great and are worth celebrating. Yes, I’m still in my 20s but lets be clear – I’m about to have 4 boys so there are some days I feel 40. Age is really just a number and true age is all in our heads. In my opinion the younger we think we are the more our bodies thrive. I’ve met 90 year olds that didn’t look or act a day over 50 and 50 year olds who looked well into their 90s. They weren’t genetically blessed – it’s all in the attitude. So anyways, didn’t mean to get of on some soap box, just saying I LOVE birthdays and on your next birthday you should love it too – cause you were born and that’s freaking awesome!!!
I usually do a list of 28 things I want to accomplish in the next year but this time I wanted to focus on 28 things I’m really thankful for this year. So without further ado…..
LIST OF GRATITUDE
I am thankful for:
- My home because it is the only place I’ve ever really felt like home. We have lived in A LOT of places but this feels like our home sweet home.
- My children – all 100 of them – oh it’s just 4 – feels like 100. 😉 They are healthy and thriving and smart and always changing and growing. I try very hard not to take these things for granted since there are so many children who are fighting for their lives, or dealing with sickness or disabilities. I recognize how blessed and fortunate I am for this gift.
- My husband because he is the reason my whole life feels like coming home. He is the happy ever after in the Cinderella story and I’m so glad we found each other.
- My body for being alive, for performing it’s daily duties without me having to think about it, for being strong enough to hold me up, energetic enough to allow me to get everything done I need to and resilient enough to continue to function when I treat it like crap.
- My uterus – big shout out to the uterus – for growing, forming and keeping safe my babies. For 10 months she housed my children and nurtured them without any problems whatsoever. She earns all my respect 100%.
- My doctors whom I love and have so much respect for. I know what it’s like to work in the medical field and it takes very special type of person. As patients we do nothing but complain about long wait times, fast service and bla bla bla but in reality most of us aren’t cut out for all the things the staff has to do and deal with on a daily basis. So as someone who has been on both sides I’m thankful for those great doctors and staff who have stuck it out because they believe in what they do despite all the difficulties that come with the job.
- My ability to read and write because it is my favorite hobby and way to relax.
- On that same note I’m thankful for this blog because it connects me with other people and gives me an outlet to talk to others and inspire even if it’s in a small way.
- Sunshine because it provides warmth and happiness and a whole lot of much needed Vitamin D.
- My job because we built it, created it, molded it and it’s 100% ours.
- A broom because when you have a soccer team living with you sweeping is done at least 10 times a day – minimum.
- My bed because it never ever fails me at the end of a long day.
- Best friends because no matter where they are in the world they’re my safe place and that person that listens while I talk in-depth about the pain of a hang nail with no judgment.
- Peace and quiet because it provides that calm and serenity needed to make it through the day. It lifts the mood and purifies the soul.
- My camera because I love to take pictures and it will have provided me so many memories when we are all older.
- Teachers because they have a thankless job and must protect, nurture and teach my children when I’m not there.
- My van because it’s like a pimp mobile that I get to ride in. Yes, it’s awesome. Yes, I said it and yes only the coolest of the cool admit when they love their van. 😉
- Disposable diapers because as much as I’d like to help the environment I just can’t compromise the diaper thing. Sorry, it just doesn’t work for our lifestyle.
- Coffee because how does the world move without it?!?
- My babysitter for allowing me a few hours every week to get some work done, go on a date and run errands. Best money ever spent.
- My new appliances because I LOVE them and they’re pretty and shiny and they WORK. Never had such clean dishes and yummy tasting food.
- Elmo and Cookie Monster because they always save the day with a cranky toddler. It’s like MAGIC!!!!
- Chocolate because… this one needs no explanation.
- Massages, Manicures and Pedicures because they make you feel pretty and for a little moment you can imagine what life of a celebrity must feel like….well the luxurious parts.
- Farmers who grow and make our food – enough food to feed our whole entire country. They get zero recognition but deserve so much.
- Water because many don’t have water and we have such an abundance we barely even express gratitude for it.
- Intuition, connectons, energy and signs that are given to us to feel those who have gone before us and connect us all on another level. There’s something insanely beautiful about it.
- Another year to live, thrive, grow and experience life and all it will bring. 28 is sure to be a great year and I look forward to the next 28 just as excitedly as I did the last.