My 27th birthday started off with a bang in the form of lower back pain and sore trap muscles. Nothing like rolling out of bed in pain to make you realize you’re body wasn’t completely thrilled at the thought of another birthday. Thankfully, today we have come to a mutual agreement about it and I feel much better. Of course it could have been the ibuprofen and birthday donut I had yesterday….either way I only have some minor lingering soreness.
So in honor of my day of birth I have decided to put pen to paper…or in this case…fingers to the keyboard and write out 27 goals I have for myself in this 27th year of life.
1) Wear more lipstick – cause what woman on earth doesn’t feel better with a delicious lip color. I love makeup and beauty but I have never been a lipstick girl. This year, I am changing that. Lipstick fairies better watch out!
2) Wear more heels. This is a long the same lines as the lipstick. I used to wear heels ALL the time and I felt like my own version of Jennifer Aniston. Then when I had babies heels weren’t very conducive with running after toddlers. However, I am going to try to get reacquainted with my rather amazing shoe closet and torture my achilles tendon.
3) Go on vacation! It would be great to jet off to some place tropical and expensive but since we have to pay bills and have all these children to feed I am going to aim for a weekend getaway with that sexy man I created those children with. A little R & R would be really nice to slip in sometime before I turn 28.
4) Plan more social engagements. This one is very tricky because owning your own business doesn’t allow a whole lot of free time but I’m going to try to make a good effort to get together with other families with little kids so that my kids aren’t so “bored” with just “mom and dad.” haha
5) Become a better cook. So I’m an awful cook. Well maybe awful is too dirty a word but I don’t think I’m very good at it. Most of the time my kids ask if my meals are dog food and my husband gives the polite, “It was okay” response when I ask if he liked dinner. No wonder my kids are underweight. Anyways, I’d like to experiment more and get a little more bold in the kitchen. We eat very healthily but sometimes chicken and veggies can get very unexciting. Perhaps if I could figure out how to make a chicken breast in the shape of an elephant meal times would be more exciting. Sigh….
6) Stretch more. I used to be a very flexible individual. With age, laziness and lack of stretching….that is not the case anymore. I would like to add more flexibility training in with my normal workout routine. Splits I’m coming for you.
7) Watch my lifelong friend get married. Okay so technically we have only been friends since the 7th grade…but who’s counting. Come July she will be walking down the aisle and I’m super excited to be a part of her big day. There is nobody else I would sweat to death in the middle of a hot july evening for. Cheers to wedding planning!
8) Lose another 20 pounds before summer. I’ve accomplished much so far but I WILL get over this stupid plateau and rock that swimsuit this summer.
9) Speaking of that brings me to my next goal. I WILL ROCK THAT SWIMSUIT CONFIDENTLY!! I haven’t enjoyed putting on a swimsuit since high school….I mean I’m not alone in that. However, this year I am going to strut myself all over the water park and not care about the cellulite on my thighs or the fact that my mommy boobs are cheating on me with gravity at a very young age. The point is to enjoy the summer sun and the water. My kids and my husband think I’m the Queen of the Universe so who cares what all those “other” people think.
10) Read more. I go in big spurts with reading depending on the time I have. I LOVE to read and want to make a big effort to soak up a more good books this year. My library card better have a whole lot of wear marks by the time I’m 28.
11) Listen to more music. I love music (I can even play a couple instruments….say what?!?) but don’t really get to listen to it much since I don’t go many places. Me and the little man listen to a little bit before bed but I need more in my life. Music really relaxes me and I could always use more relaxation.
12) Speaking of music I am also going to have more dance parties. And by dance I mean move around in some stiff manner. I am not a dancer….even though I seem to pick up on it very easily. However, don’t ever bet on me in some dance – off. I would end up with a walker and a leg cast in about 4 seconds flat. Me and the boys do enjoy a good dance party every once in a while and I vow to have more of those.
13) Continue to eat less sugar. My sugar consumption has been cut from a car load a day to about 4 tablespoons a day. However, I would like to continue on this journey and not throw in the towel. I feel AMAZING off the sugar and hopefully that will be enough to help me continue to resist all the yummy treats I love to bake.
14) Learn something new. Cause who doesn’t like to learn!
15) Run a mile. Yup, big goals here. However, I feel like I’m a pretty fit person these days but I HATE running. I can do stairs and row all day but ask me to run and I’ll probably vomit in your face after 2 minutes. Running to me is like living inside a 5 story cake and being a diabetic. Awful!! In my journey to getting my sexy back I feel like I need to defeat this hatred in a small way and give it my best go. I will not be running any marathons but if I could do a mile….I’d feel like I at least had a good date with this insanity people call jogging.
16) Grow more food. I have always wanted a good successful garden but then realize what a black thumb I have when all my plants have died 4 hours after planting. (this is literally no exaggeration) No matter how “educated” I try to become on this subject I can’t seem to understand how to get a plant to grow, let alone produce food that I can safely eat. Perhaps, this year is the year.
17) Get more sales. As a business owner you live and breathe sales…..as an adult you have bills…..so this goes without saying.
18) Kiss my husband more…..cause he’s delicious and ya gots to keep the spark alive!
19) Inspire someone with this blog. Whether I touch someone, help someone, inspire or encourage someone I will have accomplished the only thing I ever wanted to with this blogging journey.
20) Stop and listen to what the universe is trying to tell me. As I have gotten older I have really tried to be more in tune with my intuition. I feel like we are told a lot of things that we ignore. We are so busy and consumed with being turned on all the time we forget to just stop and listen. I’m pretty sure my dear mom-n-law has a lot she would like to say to me right now so I’m listening!
21) Survive a brutal move. No we are not moving but my dear, dear sister from another mister is moving to the west coast. I’m pretty sure if I sing the song “I Will Survive” enough then it will actually come true. Until then I will soak up every coffee and gym date until then and when May comes I’ll buck up and hide in her moving box!! Haha
22) Be better…in all areas of my life.
23) Become more simplistic…..DIY laundry detergent here I come. (Okay maybe not that crazy)
24) Watch more baseball. I used to love baseball but I have been severely out of the loop since I had kids. Baseball is a huge commitment since there are games almost every night. However, Mason is a baseball lover so I’m going to try to watch a few games with him this year. Maybe we will get all crazy and go to a game! Hey now!!
25) Teach Logan how to cook. Oh wait maybe I’m not the best person to do this since I mentioned I can’t cook. Let me rephrase – teach Logan how to use the microwave safely. haha
26) Take more baths. Okay before anyone freaks out I am a clean person. I take daily showers…in fact sometimes twice a day. However, I have this amazing jetted tub that I just used for the first time a few weeks ago. It was amazing. I vow to take more time for myself in my giant bubbly bathtub with a good book.
27) Have more fun! Life without fun is lame so lets get on it!!!
Cheers to a great 27th year!!!