So did you ever play that game 3 truths and a lie? Or maybe it’s 2 truths and a lie….hmmmm….now I can’t quite remember but really it’s whatever variation you choose to play. I remember this being an ice breaker game I was exposed to in school and various jobs, college classes or any other time when you’re thrown into a room full of strangers and the “get to know each other” activities kick off. The only reason I even remember this game is because it was so much better than the “introduce yourself and say 5 things about yourself” game. For some reason you sit there a nervous wreck thinking you have to say 5 really incredibly awesome things and in that moment realize you’re so boring you’ve managed to bore yourself just thinking about it. Yea…you know you’ve been there.
Anyways, today I thought I would do a variation of the game since I have a lot of new readers and because it’s Friday, Friday (sang in my best Rebecca Black impersonation….if you don’t know who that is….get our from under your rock and look it up).
- I am having this baby naturally without an epidural due to some reasons we can discuss later but am actually really looking forward to the whole experience. I am currently practicing a hypno-birthing method and am absolutely fascinated and looking very much forward to putting all of this practice to good use on the big day. Plus, since this is our last I am ready to soak up the final time I’ll ever bring a child into the world.
- I live in Missouri but secretly think I was supposed to be born and raised in a big city. Cows, woods, snakes, rivers, camping, hiking, wearing pajamas to Wal-Mart and all other things Missouri don’t really thrill me as much as a day spent strolling through Tiffany’s in heels and a skirt, sipping coffee and people watching. Audrey Hepburn….I love you!
- I got married when I was 18, on April Fools Day and we eloped without a single person knowing. We spent our one night honeymoon going to the movie theatre, calling my mom-n-law to announce the news, and spending the night in a nice hotel all before waking up and going to work the next day. Yes, I would do it exactly the same way all over again.
- I never thought I would have 4 kids but then changed my mind after having our 3rd. If I was a millionaire and a more patient person I would probably adopt one (a girl of course) and then call it quits.
- I am a very right brained, Type B personality except when it comes to organization and planning. I have a self-proclaimed obsession with organizing….like the kind where you get positively giddy in a container store. Yup, that’s me. I also am a HUGE planner and actually get super annoyed with people who don’t plan anything. This became much more prominent when I became a mother because in order to survive you have to plan and stay on a routine so it’s manifested more deeply since then. I’m trying to not get so annoyed but I’m afraid it’s going to be one of those undesirable qualities I will have. Sorry, non-planners!
- I plan on kicking all of my children out of the house at 18 (or after high school graduation) or charging them rent if they stay. This is not some weird abusive thing, it’s just all about welcoming them into adulthood and encouraging responsibility. Plus, if I haven’t taught you what you need to know in that amount of time then I have failed. haha. Actually, let’s be real…I’m really just looking forward to my husband grabbing my butt and smooching my face without hearing “Ewwww gross.” (Yes, he still does it anyways) 😉
- I bribe my children with candy, ice cream and all other cavity ridden things….often. Yes, call the dentist and mommy police cause I deserve a ticket. However, I also am very diligent about dentist appointments so it all evens out.
- Most dinner time conversations in our house are spent discussing kindergarten girlfriends, snacks, football plays, more snacks, how someone hates beans, and manners. The past 2 weeks, however, we have been discussing the size of our newest additions male parts. The boys seem quite fascinated and are quite perplexed. Ive tried to explain modern imaging and the zoom button but alas we will keep educating over chicken breast and broccoli…..cause when you live with all boys…
- If I could invite any woman over 50 over for dinner, my top three would be Michelle Obama, Ellen Degeneres or Olivia Manning. If you don’t know who Olivia Manning is, it’s Peyton and Eli Manning’s mom (also Mom to Cooper) and honestly I would love to sit down with that woman and ask how she raised such fine young men. That is one brain I could pick for days and soak up all that advice.
- For as long as I can remember I’ve wanted to visit London, Italy and Greece but if I could fly anywhere at this exact moment it would be to San Diego to visit my bestie. The pain and sadness when your bestie moves across the country is real people. Don’t let them do it!!!! Haha. I’m worried that when I do stop birthing humans and get a chance to fly away, I may sit on the beach and never return. 😉
- I love doing dishes, laundry, sweeping floors and cleaning bathrooms. For real, scrubbing toilets is my jam!
So I’m sure you’re trying really hard to figure out which one is the lie. Of course it’s number…..11…..duh. I HATE cleaning and somehow ended up with the dirtiest of creatures living in my household. Boys are gross little humans I tell ya! Cute….but gross. Feel free to join in on the game and leave 3 truths and a lie. I’d love to hear more about all of you!
Happy Friday and hope you’re weekend is relaxing and peaceful! See you Monday, friends!